Cyberpunk 2077 got a brand new reveal today through the Night City Wire, a digital livestream event diving deeper into CD Projekt Red’s upcoming RPG. There was a new trailer, a new gameplay dive, and a look at the Cyberpunk Braindance feature.
Cyberpunk 2077 will be released on November 19 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and an enhanced version will be released later for PS5 and Xbox Series X.
[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-screenshots&captions=true”]
New Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer From Night City Wire
What Is Braindance in Cyberpunk 2077
- Braindance is a recording of somebody else’s experience and lets you live through their memories.
- Their sights, smell, sounds, everything will be experienced by you through Braindance.
- In an extended gameplay preview, the V was shown living through the memory of someone else’s robbery on a grocery store.
- In an analysis mode, V was able to explore the same scene but this time as an observer. They could move a camera around and analyze the memory from a new perspective.
- It’s almost like a detective mode.
- Braindance was created in UC Santa Cruz (go Banana Slugs!) as a therapy method.
- It was later used for more carnal thrills.
- There are negative side-effects like Flatlining where someone can die while Braindancing.
- CD Projekt Red says Braindance will be an important storytelling device to explore the world’s history, philosophy, and different factions.
Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Features Shown During Night City Wire
- The player will be working with a character named Jackie on a hunt for a legendary chip of “immortality.”
- Jackie introduces the player to a fixer that will introduce them to new chips and enhancements.
- The Moxx is one of the gangs the player will encounter in Cyberpunk 2077 and craft a unique relationship with them.
- Outside of the city walls is a district called “The Badlands.” It’s an open, desert-like space filled with unique encounters called “moments.”
- The Adam Smasher is a big, modified enforcer introduced in the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG and now in the game.
- Ripper Docs are different backstreet doctors in Night City that will enhance your character with new body mods.
Cyberpunk Edgerunner Anime Announced with Trigger and Netflix
- CD Projekt Red announced a new Cyberpunk anime that’s being produced by Studio Trigger for Netflix.
- CD Projekt says development on the anime has been in the works for quite some time
- Akira Yamaokoa, the composer on the Silent Hill series, will be composing music for the anime.
Be sure to check out our Cyberpunk 2077 preorder guide to see which version or edition is right for you.
Matt Kim is a reporter for IGN.