The Nintendo Switch was the best selling console of 2019 and we’re not surprised at all. The Switch was released nearly 3 years again and still no other console is able to match the Switch’s versatility. In addition, the already stellar gaming library has been bolstered with several high quality games in 2019, including Pokemon Sword and Shield, Super Mario Maker 2, Link’s Awakening, Ring Fit, and much more. With increased pressure from Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo is likely to be more aggressive with deals and promotions during 2020. Check here for all the best deals on Nintendo Switch consoles, accessories, and games.
Out 3/20: Preorder Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing Edition Today for $299.99
This is, in my opinion, the best looking Switch out there. Every part of the Switch has been themed. The Joy-Con controllers are a pastel blue and green, the back of the Switch is embossed with an Animal Crossing design, and even the dock has a full color Animal Theme decal. I already own a Switch and for the first time I’m jealous of anyone who gets a hold of this one. RIght now, it’s only available at select vendors.
- Preorder it at Walmart for $299
- Preorder it on Amazon for $299.99
- Preorder it at Best Buy for $299.99
- Preorder it at Gamestop for $299.99
- Preorder it at Target for $299.99
Out 3/20: Preorder Animal Crossing for Switch, Get $10 in Best Buy Credit
This is the only deal available right now for preordering the hottest Switch game of 2020 so far. You’ll need a MyBestBuy membership to get this free credit, but it’s free to sign up.
Nintendo Switch V2 for $299.99
There are currently no Nintendo Switch console deals right now, but the least we can do is make sure you get the V2 model. The version 2 model boasts about 2 more hours of battery life, which is certainly not insignificant. It raises the battery expectancy from 2.5-7 hours to 4.5-9 hours. It might be confusing to some people because many stores still sell the older model alongside the new one. The easiest way to tell if you’re getting the V2 model is the packaging. The new V2 model has a new box with a predominantly Mario red color.
- Get the V2 Switch on Amazon for $299
- Get the V2 Switch at Walmart for $299
- Get the V2 Switch at Best Buy for $299.99
Refurbished 2nd Generation Nintendo Switch “V2” Model for $259 at Walmart
This is a refurbished model sold from Walmart direct (not a marketplace vendor). That means it’s probably going to look completely brand new, and worst case scenario it’s easy to return it at your local Walmart store. Gamestop and Amazon are currently selling pre-owned units for $280. This is the V2 model with about 2 hours longer battery life than the original.
Nintendo Switch Lite for $179.99
This is the best and only deal for the Switch Lite right now. Compared to the Nintendo Switch, you’ll save $100 in cold, hard-earned cash and have access to the same library. You lose out on a couple of things, like the ability to dock, detachable controls, a slightly smaller screen, HD rumble, and the little IR camera that most people never use.
- Use code “JFAWXC” to get it at Google Shopping for $179.99
The Best Memory Cards for Your Switch
The Nintendo Switch comes preinstalled with only 32GB of storage. To put that in perspective, Breath of the Wild alone will take up 40% of your storage capacity. I’d recommend you get at least a 128GB card if you want to store as many smaller digital titles as you want, and the larger 400GB card if you plan to download bigger titles.
SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC Card:
- Get the 128GB model for $19.49 from Amazon
- Get the 200GB model for $26.99 from Amazon
- Get the 256GB model for $34.97 from Amazon
- Get the 400GB model for $57.99 from Amazon
- Get the 512GB model for $82.99 from Amazon
Samsung EVO Select Micro SDXC Card:
- Get the 128GB model for $19.49 from Amazon
- Get the 256GB model for $32.99 from Amazon
- Get the 512GB model for $84.90 from Amazon
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for $59
The price of the Switch Pro hasn’t changed since Black Friday, but this deal won’t last forever. This is easily the best wireless controller for the Switch console (and quite possibly the best controller, period). Apart from the Joy-Cons, this is the only controller that supports rumble and amiibo NFC functionality. Definitely get this if you prefer the traditional gamepad layout or you use the Switch in docked mode often.
A Great Value Power Bank for the Nintendo Switch
- It supports USB-PD (Power Delivery) charging up to 18W, equal to the official charger
- Thanks to the full 18W of charging output, it can fully recharge a dead Switch in 3.5 hours
- The Switch has a battery capacity of about 4500mAh, so you could fully charge it 6 times
- USB-PD power banks can charge the Switch even while you’re playing a game
It has solid user reviews and costs four times less than the official Switch power bank.
Another Power Bank Alternative That’s Smaller, Lighter, and Less Expensive
This Aukey 10,000mAh USB Power Bank also features USB Power Delivery for the maximum charging rate for your Nintendo Switch, which means it should charge a fully depleted Switch in about 3 hours. It’s half the battery capacity as the option above, but it can still charge a Switch 2 full times. It has a much smaller footprint than the 20,000mah model.
Darkest Dungeon Discounted at the Nintendo eShop
If you’re like me and have been waiting a long time for a discount on Darkest Dungeon, it’s finally here. This game has been out for a while, but it’s still one of the best RPGs available for the Switch. Warning: it’s a challenging game.
- Darkest Dungeon for $14.99
- Overcooked 2 for $14.99
- Steamworld Quest: Hand of Gilgamesh for $17.49
- Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair for $20.09
Nintendo Switch Video Game Deals
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) + $10 Best Buy Credit for $59.99
- Battle Chasers: Nightwar for $14.99 (Amazon)
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for $19.99 (Gamestop)
- Death Squared for $1.49 (Nintendo eShop)
- Our World is Ended for $19.99 (Gamestop)
- Slay the Spire for $19.99 (Gamestop)
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales for $19.99 (Nintendo eShop)
Refurbished SNES and NES Classic at Nintendo
Nintendo direct is selling refurbished SNES and NES Classic Edition consoles at a discount. The SNES Classic is currently selling for $69.99 (MSRP $80) and the NES Classic is $49.99 (MSRP $60). Since these systems are sold out everywhere else, this is easily the best way to obtain one without paying scalpers’ prices. Despite the fact that they are refurbished, Nintendo is offering a full 1-year warranty, same as new. Nintendo explicitly states “We think you will find the standards for Authentic Nintendo Refurbished Products are VERY high.”
- Get the SNES Classic Edition for $69.99 at Nintendo
- Get the NES Classic Edition for $49.99 at Nintendo
$50 Nintendo eShop Gift Card for $44.99
Popular Switch Accessories
- Nintendo Switch 1 Year Online Membership for $19.99 (Amazon)
- Nintendo Joy-Con Pairs Starting at $69 (Amazon)
- amFilm 2-Pack Tempered Glass Screen Protector for $8.99 (Amazon)
- Orzly Molded EVA Hard Shell Carry Case for $13.99 (Amazon)
- AmazonBasics EVA Hard Shell Carry Case for $13.99 (Amazon)
- RDS Ballistic Nylon Hard Shell Carry Case for $17.74 (Amazon)
- iVoler Complete System Carry Case for $33.99 (Amazon)
- PowerA Joy-Con Comfort Grips for $9.88 (Amazon)
- AmazonBasics Storage Case for 24 Switch Games for $8.99 (Amazon)
- YCCTEAM AC Adapter Charger for $18.51 (Amazon)
- 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro+ Bluetooth Gamepad for $49.99 (Amazon)
- HORI Split Pad Pro Controller for $49.99 (Amazon)
The Most Popular Nintendo Switch Video Games
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons + $10 Credit for $59.99 (Best Buy)
- Arms for $49.94 (Amazon)
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for $51.76 (Amazon)
- Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age for $49.99 (Amazon)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses for $49.94 (Walmart)
- Kirby Star Allies for $49.99 (Amazon)
- Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition for $44.97 (Amazon)
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 for $51.95 (Walmart)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for $53.90 (Amazon)
- Mario Tennis Aces for $47.94 (Amazon)
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe for $49.99 (Amazon)
- Octopath Traveler for $49.94 (Amazon)
- Pokemon Sword for $53.94 (Amazon)
- Pokemon Shield for $51.81 (Amazon)
- Ring Fit Adventure for $79.99 (Amazon)
- Splatoon 2 for $49.99 (Amazon)
- Super Mario Maker 2 $49.94 (Amazon)
- Super Mario Odyssey for $58.24 (Amazon)
- Super Mario Party $49.99 (Amazon)
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate for $59.88 (Amazon)
- Yoshi’s Crafted World for $49.99 (Amazon)
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild $49.99 (Amazon)
- Zelda: Link’s Awakening for $50.95 (Amazon)
Eric Song is IGN’s deal curator and spends 25% of his pay on stuff he posts.