The beta will be public, but only for select players who have signed up – here’s how you can do it:
- Log into your Microsoft account at Halo Waypoint’s Halo Insider Program.
- If you do not have a Halo Insider account, sign up for one, and fill out the questionnaire – and list all the Halo games you are interested in. be sure to opt in for “PC Public Flighting” to get early access to play sessions for upcoming Halo games, as well as the Console Flighting if you also have an Xbox.
- When choosing to enter the PC Flighting, you will need to send over your PC specifications: follow the provided instructions to run a DirectX Diagnostic Tool and hit “Save all information” to save the specifications to a text file to send over, then link your Steam Account.
- List all the times you are available to play in beta sessions – including days and hours – to complete your sign up.
- Lastly, check your email to complete your verification, and you will successfully opted into the Halo Insider program.
Be sure to update an information as needed if you upgrade your PC, gain interest in playing other Halo titles, and anything else that may change.
Be sure to also check your email for when the eventual invites start rolling out, and check Halo Waypoint for any additional announcements!