Animal Crossing New Horizons features an extensive list of different furniture objects and other items that you can use to decorate your home and other parts of the island, but the rate at which you can acquire new pieces may seem bit slow.
Once you’ve upgraded Resident Services by talking to Tom Nook and helping him out, you’ll be able to use the NookStop Terminal to access a catalog of every item you’ve crafted, bought, or otherwise found. However, you won’t be able to re-order certain special items, like DIY recipe crafted items and rewards given to you by characters like Gulliver.
Still, there are ways to increase your catalog of items you can buy more of, which are listed below.
Furniture and Item Shopping
Each day, starting at 5AM, the inventory for each of the shops will change for the duration of that day. There are several different types of vendors you can talk to, and if you buy the items they sell, these items will appear in your catalog. The list of places you can purchase furniture and other items include:
- Nook Stop Nook Shopping – This terminal sells a set amount of special goods, including two furniture items, clothing, an a K.K. Slider song.
- Timmy and Tommy (Nook’s Cranny) – When you start on the island, you can sell or buy goods from Timmy who will sell you two items plus recipes and tools. Once you have Nook’s Cranny, they will start selling even more furniture items, as well as wallpaper and carpets, and more high-end items will be sold once you have upgraded Nook’s Cranny.
- Able Sisters – Though they don’t sell furniture, Mable will sell an assortment of clothing items when she first arrives after Nook’s Cranny has been built. Once you’ve bought more than 5 items and spent over 5,000 bells, they will set up a permanent shop with many more items that rotate both daily and weekly, and more color options are available in the changing room.
- Kicks – After the Able Sisters have set up shop, Kicks will appear on a random day of the week to sell assorted footwear, socks, and backpacks.
- Saharah – On a random day of the week, the camel Sarahah will wander your island selling three types of rugs, as well as a random wallpaper and flooring – which may include animated ones – however some of these cannot be re-ordered from your catalog.
Certain events and characters may ask for certain tasks to be achieved, and fulfilling them can often reward you with furniture or other items. The ways these can be obtained include:
- Fishing and Bug Tourneys – Held on certain times of the year, the Fishing Tournament and Bug Off allow you to earn points by catching critters, which can then be exchanged for exclusive furniture and items that cannot be gained through other means – or re-ordered.
- Wisp the Ghost – On random nights, you may encounter a friendly ghost on your island whose essence scatters and must be returned before he can give you a reward of an “expensive item” or “new item” – and new items will always add something to your catalog.
- Gulliver – Some days, you may find the washed up seagull Gulliver on your beach. By digging up his communicator parts, he’ll reward you by mailing an exotic item the next day, but they cannot be re-ordered on the catalog.
Each day, there will be exactly two trees on your island that can be shaken to reveal hidden items that drop slowly in leaf form. These will always be two random furniture items, and can appear on most any tree on any part of your island (excluding fruit trees).
Sharing Furniture with Friends
One of the easier ways to increase your catalog is to utilize your friends to gain access to items you cannot. This can be done in a variety of ways:
- Items bought from the Nook Stop Catalog can be automatically mailed to a friend if they are in need of the item (as many items can come in multiple color varieties that you or your friend may be missing.
- Furniture redeemed via Nook Mileage can come in different colors depending on the island, meaning the only way someone can obtain other colors is to have a friend redeem their furniture and mail it.
- While items placed on the ground cannot be moved or picked up by friends, items that are dropped (as a leaf shape) can be picked up. This can be done to exchange gifts between players – but just by picking it up, that player will then have it added to their catalog.