Chapter 9 – The Town That Never Sleeps involves a series of choices that seem to have no consequences, but they actually determine which set of side quests you get while you wait for Aerith to get ready. Here’s how to unlock either Chocobo Sam’s set of side quests (The Party Never Stops and A Dynamite Body) or Madam M’s side quests (The Price of Thievery and Shear’s Counterattack). This is also how you determine Cloud‘s dress, so this page explains how to get each of Cloud‘s dress options.
Luckily, each set of side quests, if you do them all, grants the same rewards – including a powerful weapon for Aerith, the Arcane Scepter, but as we mentioned, which set you do affects Cloud’s dress.
Whether you get Madam M’s or Sam’s quests are contingent on the series of choices you make in Chapter 9. Some are weighted toward one or the other, while others are neutral.
Here are the choices we’re sure of:
For Madam M
- Do not participate in Sam’s coin toss
- Choose the Expensive Massage Course
For Chocobo Sam
- Choose heads or tails in Sam’s coin toss
- Choose the Poor Man’s Massage Course
We aren’t certain how the rest of the choices are weighted, but here are two different series of decisions we made that resulted in both outcomes.
To get Madam M’s side quests, we chose “It matter what I think?” about Aerith’s dress, did not play Sam’s coin-toss, chose the Expensive Massage Course, and did Vagabond Johnny’s discovery.
To get Chocobo Sam’s side quests, we said “Looks comfortable,” about Aerith’s dress, chose heads or tails for Sam’s coin toss, chose the Poor Man’s Massage Course, and did not do the Vagabond Johnny discovery.
How to Get All of Cloud’s Dresses
Which set of side quests you do (or don’t do) affect Cloud’s dress at the end of the chapter.
- Basic black dress: Only complete one Chapter 9 side quest (Burning Thighs is the shortest).
- Blue corseted gown with black flower hairpiece: Complete all of Chocobo Sam’s set of side quests
- Frilly Light Purple gown with a tiara: Complete all of Madam M’s set of side quests
See all of Cloud’s dresses in the slide show below.
FF7 Remake: Cloud’s Dresses in Chapter 9