This portion of the Ghost of Tsushima guide explains how to win standoffs every single time.
How to Win Standoff
- Start by approaching a ground of enemies. You will be prompted to do a stand-off and you can opt in by pressing up on the d-pad.
- Hold triangle and release it when the enemy moves to strike.
- Enemies will sometimes flinch instead of fully moving so you’ll have to watch carefully but move quickly. Ignore their upper bodies; wait for their feet to move and when they do let go of triangle.
It takes some practice but getting good at stand-offs can give you a huge advantage as you upgrade your stand-off skills. Go to Techniques > Ghost > Standoff. Below are the upgrades available:
- Standoff Streak: After a successful standoff another enemy will rush you. Wait until they attack and press Triangle or Square as they swing. Grants one extra resolve if successful.
- Improved Standoff Streak: After a successful standoff two enemies will rush you. Wait until they attack and press Triangle or Square as they swing. Grants one extra per successful enemy strike.