- “Improved ball-carrier mechanics for all out control in the running back and receiver positions.”
- “Enhanced D-Line mechanics that add new control to make the pass rush positions more responsive, and fun to play.”
- “Realistic Open-Field Tackling allows for clutch defensive stops.”
- “New player-controlled celebrations.”
- “Outside of all the new control players will have in-game, some of the biggest changes will arrive in the overall authenticity and presentation with new on field camera shots and improved player awareness of their positioning and surroundings on the field”
Madden NFL 21: 5 New Screenshots
The game will be released on August 28 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC via Origin and Steam – it will arrive on Google Stadia this winter. Those who pre-order the MVP Edition will get 3 days of early access to the game, a Lamar Jackson Elite Item and a number of other in-game items.
EA has also extended the offer to upgrade from the Xbox One or PS4 version of the game to an Xbox Series X or PS5 version – if you buy the current-gen version of the game before the release of Madden 22 next year, you’ll automatically be upgraded to the next-gen equivalent version, with extra enhancements for next-gen.
You can check out the game’s new style of cover art below – we’ve got the Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition and MVP Edition to show you:
Madden NFL 21: New Cover Art
Joe Skrebels is IGN’s Executive Editor of News. Follow him on Twitter.