‘Xbox Series X + Project xCloud = New Chapter in Gaming’ will air on Wednesday, March 18 at 11.40am Pacific / 2.40pm Eastern / 6.40pm UK (that’s March 19 at 5.40am AET). Microsoft hasn’t specifically said the talk will include new information, but the interaction between Series X and xCloud (Microsoft’s game streaming service) is still relatively unexplored.There’s a lot more besides the Series X talk, too – talks will come from members of the teams behind Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Wasteland, and more, and the final talk includes discussion of technical details we know are confirmed as Xbox Series X features.
GDC talks are traditionally more developer focused, so all of them are likely to fall on the more technical side. You can see the full schedule (all timings in PT) below:
Day 1 – March 17, 2020
- 10:00 Welcome to Game Stack Live!
- 10:25 How The Coalition built Gears 5 to be more accessible
- 10:45 Building accessibility into your game – the Xbox Accessibility Guidelines
- 11:00 Panel: The changing nature of today’s game industry
- 11:35 Panel: How to be intentionally inclusive in your game design
- 12:15 What is Microsoft Game Stack?
- 12:30 The Importance of LiveOps
- 1:00 Rare: Building Sea of Thieves with a LiveOps Mentality
- 1:35 What it means to run a game studio – a conversation with Turn 10
- 2:00 Maximizing impact and reach for your independent games with the [email protected] team
Day 2 – March 18, 2020
- 10:00 Previously on Game Stack Live
- 10:15 How inXile used creative iteration to drive Wasteland’s development
- 10:40 Panel: How online services are defining the next generation of game development
- 11:40 Xbox Series X + Project xCloud = New Chapter in Gaming
- 12:40 The spark of creativity that drives Double Fine
- 1:20 What’s new in DirectX: Raytracing, mesh shading, and more
Joe Skrebels is IGN’s Executive Editor of News, and one thing is missing from all of this coverage, at least in his opinion – a next-gen Dynasty Warriors. Follow him on Twitter.