From August 27th to September 15th, existing Observer owners on Steam can also upgrade to the System Redux version for 80% off, while those who preorder will get the OST and an artbook for free.“When we announced Observer: System Redux for next-gen consoles, we had a huge response from our PC fans asking if the remaster would be coming to their platform of choice,” said Piotr Babieno, Bloober Team CEO. “We originally only planned to bring the game to consoles, but seeing the feedback we’ve heard from the community, we’re bringing the game to PC as well. As a way to thank our community, we’re putting this upgrade plan in place and looking into options to do the same on console if possible.”
An Observer: System Redux demo is also available on Steam starting today for those interested in the upgraded version.
Here’s everything players can expect from the System Redux version of the game, according to Bloober Team:
- Three new major missions: Errant Signal, Her Fearful Symmetry, and It Runs in the Family
- Updated characters models and new locations
- Brand-new neuronal interrogation sequences
- New stealth and mechanics
- Undiscovered secrets
- 4K resolution, upgraded textures, new animations, models and effects, and transformed with jaw-dropping Ray-Tracing and HDR lighting
There’s much, much more to come from Gamescom 2020 on IGN – check out our full Gamescom schedule to find out what else is on the way.