This Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End guide is a resource for players who may be playing it for free this month on PlayStation Plus! It’s a phenomenal game, whether you’re playing for the first time, or replaying it while stuck inside lamenting the delay of The Last of Us Part II.
If you’ve never played an Uncharted game, it’s fairly easy to make sense of what’s going on. It’s a globe-trotting Indiana Jones-esque adventure, starring treasure hunter Nathan Drake. Mechanically, it’s a mix of third-person shooting, platforming, massive cinematic set-pieces, and collecting lots of treasures and hidden items, discovering secrets, and solving some really satisfying puzzles. There’s a very good reason we gave it such a glowing review.
If you’re well-versed in Uncharted, there are just as many good excuses to revisit A Thief’s End: maybe you want to find all the treasures you missed or get that Platinum trophy, or maybe you upgraded to a PS4 Pro and a new TV and you want to see that Naughty Dog level of polish in gorgeous 4K HDR – either way, Uncharted 4 is a hell of a fun way to kill at least fifteen hours.
Uncharted 4 Guides
However you’re playing, if you’re stuck, IGN has guides for the locations of all the collectible treasures, journal entries, notes, optional conversations, easter eggs, secrets and of course a comprehensive walkthrough for the entire game:
- Treasure Locations Checklist – There are 109 treasures scattered throughout Uncharted 4, collecting them all will unlock the Treasure Master trophy.
- Easter Eggs and Secrets Guide – Uncharted 4 has hidden references to other Naughty Dog games like The Last of Us and Crash Bandicoot, as well as nods to Monkey Island and Papers, Please.
- Optional Conversations Guide – Listening to all 36 of Uncharted 4’s optional conversations will unlock the Gift of Gab trophy.
- Journal Notes Guide – Find all 23 of the journal notes and you’ll get the Lost History trophy.
- Journal Entries Guide – There are 25 journal entries in Uncharted 4, which are unlocked by interacting with objects in the environment as well as through optional conversations. Getting all of them unlocks the Lost Art of Journaling trophy.
- All Uncharted 4 Puzzle Solutions – If you get stuck on one of Uncharted 4’s many puzzles, you’ll find the solution here. It’s okay! Some of these are really tricky.
Uncharted 4 Walkthrough
Or, if you get stuck in a particular area, here’s our full Uncharted 4 walkthrough broken down by chapter. Beware of spoilers!
- Chapter 01: The Lure of Adventure
- Chapter 02: Infernal Place
- Chapter 03: The Malaysia Job
- Chapter 04: A Normal Life
- Chapter 05: Hector Alcazar
- Chapter 06: Once a Thief
- Chapter 07: Lights Out
- Chapter 08: The Grave of Henry Avery
- Chapter 09: Those Who Prove Worthy
- Chapter 10: The Twelve Towers
- Chapter 11: Hidden in Plain Sight
- Chapter 12: At Sea
- Chapter 13: Marooned
- Chapter 14: Join Me in Paradise
- Chapter 15: The Thieves of Libertalia
- Chapter 16: The Brothers Drake
- Chapter 17: For Better or Worse
- Chapter 18: New Devon
- Chapter 19: Avery’s Descent
- Chapter 20: No Escape
- Chapter 21: Brother’s Keeper
- Chapter 22: A Thief’s End
If you’re looking for help in the other PlayStation 4 Uncharted games, worry not! We also have an Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Walkthrough and Guide and an Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Walkthrough and Guide.